Thursday, March 1, 2012

Resurrection Morn

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6  (NIV)
“Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life. He who believes in Me, through he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.  Do you believe this?”  John 11:25-26  (NIV)
“This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.  And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”  John 6:39-40 (NIV)
When Christ, who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.” Colossians 3:4  (NIV)
In some of my blog articles, I have included songs by The Collingsworth Family.  In fact, the last article featured their song, “I Found It All.”
My husband and I have been privileged to see The Collingsworth Family in concert many times over the past few years.  Their songs, as well as personal testimonies of God’s faithfulness, have ministered to my own spiritual needs and touched my heart deeply. These songs are worshipful and always serve as a reminder of His love for me, and my reliance upon Him. Because the songs of this family are touching my life, more will be included in upcoming blogs. 
The song featured in this blog is called, “The Resurrection Morn.”  What a wonderful promise we as Christians have that when we have run our race here on earth, we will see the face of Jesus, as He claims His own to live eternally with Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. 
Jesus was speaking to Martha in the verses of scripture found in John 11:25-26 referenced above. His question to her was, “Do you believe this?”  My question for you is the same.  “Do you believe this?”  I pray that you do and that you are prepared for this wonderful resurrection morn. 
Prayer:  Father God, we look forward to that resurrection morn when we will see Jesus face to face as our as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  Help us to finish our spiritual race here on earth well, using our time wisely as we seek to tell others about this promise of eternal life in a land where there will be no more pain, no more tears, no more sickness, and no more parting.  I pray this in the name of Jesus, the One who died for the sins of the world and who is not willing that any one should perish.  Amen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment