Sunday, August 21, 2011

God's Word Stands Forever

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

According to the verse of scripture in Isaiah 40:8, the only thing that will stand the test of time is God's Word. While we are here on this earth, let us remember that God's Word is the one thing we can believe in that will never change, because God Himself never changes. In our time, everything else will fade away, rust, or ruin.  Even these bodies that we live in will not last because they are not made to last.  But, our spirits are made for eternity.  It is important to believe that there is more than what we see or experience here in this life; that God has a plan for each of us here and hereafter.

I love the following verse of scripture as Jesus brings us the hope and assurance of His plan for our eternal home in heaven. In John, Chapter 14, verses 1-4, Jesus says the following: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know."  (KJV)

Oh, how God loves you and me. He is our Creator.  He knows our name and knows every thought that we have and ever will have.  He hears us when we call.  Allow His love to overflow into your hearts today.  This is my prayer.  He loves us so much not because we are good, but because He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment