Friday, November 18, 2011

God Never Turns Us Away

"Thomas came with doubts. Did Christ turn him away?

Moses had his reservations. Did God tell him to go home?

Job had his struggles. Did God avoid him?

Paul had his hard times. Did God abandon him?

No. God never turns away the sincere heart. Tough questions don't stump God. He invites our probing.

Mark it down. God never turns away the honest seeker. Go to God with your questions. You may not find all the answers, but in finding God, you know the One who does." ~ Walking with the Savior, Max Lucado

I have always enjoyed Max Lucado's writing.  His books have a way of getting to the heart of what the Christian life is all about.  He gives such a clear picture of who God is and what His purposes are for His children. Based on sound Biblical teaching, Max shows his reading audience how to apply Godly principles to their lives. The result is a strengthened relationship in their walk of faith in Jesus Christ. 

This I know from experience:

1. God knows your heart.
2. He will never abandon you.  
3. He will give peace when you seek Him with all of your heart. 
4. Nothing is too difficult for Him. 
5. He sent Jesus to seek and save the lost. 
6. He is not willing that anyone should perish.

Listed below are some scriptures that encourage me to believe and know without any doubt that God loves me with an everlasting love; that His love is not conditional; that I belong to Jesus, and because I do He will never leave me nor forsake me; that He will give me strength when I face personal trials; and that He will always listen to my heart's cry for those I love who are lost.  I am praying that you, my readers, will find safety and wonderful rest in the gentle Shepherd's arms today.  There is no greater place to be. 

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."  John 6:37

"And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day."  John 6:39

"For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him."  John 17:2

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."  John 10:28

Prayer:  Father, God.  We are so thankful for Your unconditional love.  Thank You for loving us so much that You are not willing to see anyone perish.  Thank You for never turning Your back on any person who seeks You with an honest and sincere heart.  Help us to honor You all the days of our lives.  We love You and praise You.  It is in the mighty and matchless name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord that I pray this prayer.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment