Friday, November 11, 2011

Jesus - The Answer to Our Peace and Happiness


When I am afraid, He is my shield!
When I am worried, He is my solution!
When I am happy, He is my song!
When I smile, He is my reflection!

The above statements were on my Facebook wall today and I wanted to share them, along with some corresponding scripture.  Whether today is a happy and worry-free day for you, or a day where you are feeling alone and discouraged, may you be comforted to know that by turning your focus to Jesus, He will bring you out of the depths of the despair that you are currently experiencing.  Why will He do this?  The answer is simple--because of His great love for you.  Jesus will walk beside you through every storm you face.  He is the One who will turn your dark days into joyful ones and give you a song in your heart.  Because of the love that He gives, none of us have reason to fear or worry, but every reason to be happy and joyful.  Today, focus on Him and His love for you.  Find scripture in God's Word that will strengthen and help you.  Go to God in prayer and throw yourself at His feet.  I know that He will meet you there because He has been there for me so many times. 

May you be blessed today.  May you be happy, joyful, and worry-free as you turn your eyes upon Jesus.  By doing this, the things of life will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. 

FEAR
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."  Isaiah 43:1

WORRY
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"  Matthew 6: 25-27

HAPPY
"But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful."  Psalm 68:3

"A happy face makes the heart cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."  Proverbs 15:13

REFLECTION
"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man."

Prayer:  Father, God, please help each person reading this blog today to turn their eyes upon Jesus; to look into His face and realize that He loves them beyond measure; that He wants to take their sorrows, worries, burdens and anxieties away and replace them with His unconditional love and perfect peace.  May they find joy in knowing that they are safe in the gentle Shepherd's arms now and forevermore.  This I pray in the precious name of the One who died for all sinners, so that they might have eternal life by believing on His name...the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.  Amen.

Note:  All scripture taken from New International Version Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment