Sunday, August 12, 2012

God So Loved the World

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." John 3:16-17. (NIV)

Our Pastor's message this morning was entitled "Love One Another." I want to also share some of my thoughts along this theme. The Pastor stated, "That as Christians, we are set apart--no longer our own, and are called to proclaim God's praises." We are called not only to love God, but people everywhere. We are truly called to love one another. We are not called to love only those who look or think like us, but ALL people. No matter what our differences or how others may treat us, we are called to love unconditionally. Many people might mistake this for weakness on our part, but this is far from the truth--this is our strength!

Personally, it took me more years than I would like to admit to begin to sense just how much God loves me. I failed Him so many times and felt totally unworthy of His love. You know what? I was unworthy, and still am today. But, through a closer walk with Him, and a deep desire to study and learn from His Word, I now have an inkling of His enormous love for me. No matter what circumstance may come into my life, I always feel God's presence and love. Although I will never be able to grasp the scope of that love in its entirety, I am confident that someday I will. One thing that I am certain of beyond a doubt is that there has never been, nor will there ever be a love like His. And, I am so thankful because this is where my inner peace originates--His unconditional love for me through Jesus Christ--and my deep love for Him. 

Through God's love, mercy, and grace we are set free to love others. We are able to share what a difference knowing Him has made in our lives. The most amazing thing is that God loves all of His creation equally. His unconditional love is never dependent upon a person's current relationship status with Him. God is good and His love endures forever. Let us go forth and love others in the same way.

During the morning message, we saw the video with song below by Charles Billingsley and I wanted to share it. 
  
PRAYER: Father God, thank You for loving us unconditionally. Now, help us remember to always love others in that same way. We need Your strength and help to do this, but we know that Your love, grace, and mercy extends beyond our abilities. We ask you to do Your work in us as only You can. Help those who feel that you have abandoned them to look into Your Word and rest on the promises found therein. I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. I like this video. Love how they hold up the notes.
    Your post reminded me of my friend Avery's facebook status today, she wrote, "Sometimes loving is difficult. At any given moment we have the opportunity to choose love, or suspicion. Love, or bitterness. Love, or resentment. Love, or anger.
    Love is not weakness. It takes strength.
    Anyone can be mean. Anyone can do what their instincts tell them to do
    But loving people fight themselves--not others, and in that lies their strength.
    Loving people can see the big picture and can let things roll off their backs.
    Does it really matter if I get cut off in traffic? Does it really matter if I'm not understood?
    Not if people are more important than my rights.
    What freedom love brings!

    I think that Jesus was on to something...
    Are you stressed? Are you angry?
    To you and to myself I propose an experiment: Choose love.
    It just may change your life."
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardboard testimonies! Thank you, Heather for your comment and for listening to the song. And thanks so much for sharing your friend's blog. It is very good! I love you very much. You and Zachary are always in my prayers. Grandma Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete