Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Alpha and Omega



"I am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Revelation 22:13

Tonight, I am sitting in my comfy recliner being still before God. In these quiet moments, my focus is on His power and His holiness--and how worthy of my praise He truly is. These and others attributes of God are almost incomprehensible, but I totally believe that He and His Word are absolute truth; that He loves you and me; and that He created us for relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ. 
Related scriptures that have come to mind are scattered throughout this writing. I am listening to the song posted above, and giving thanks and praise to the One who paid my sin debt; to the One who purchased me with His shed blood--Jesus Christ. What a sobering and humbling truth. Truly, He is worthy to be praised!  "Great is the LORD and most worthy of our praise; His greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3 

"Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting, You are God." Psalm 90:2  He has always been, and He will always be.  "For I am the LORD, I change not." Malachi 3:6a. God does not change! Many things around us change.  We change. Relationships change. Friendships come and go. We get older, we get sick, life throws curveballs that we don't see coming, and on and on. Things of the world change--culture, governments, finances, to name only a few. There is so much unrest in the world in which we live today. The uncertainty of what tomorrow holds is frightening if we don't know the One who made the ultimate sacrifice for us--the One who never changes because He is from Everlasting to Everlasting.  If we have established a personal relationship with Him, then rest assured that Jesus Christ wants to give us His peace in any situation we may face. He promises to give joy and hope (assurance) that we will always be safe in the Shepherd's arms. "The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

So, tonight, I praise Him! I give Him glory for giving me life and for calling me to be His child. I certainly don't deserve His love. None of us do. We cannot work our way to heaven; we cannot try to be moral enough; we can't give enormous amounts of money to buy our way into heaven. Our entrance into heaven is based on one thing, and one thing only--what Jesus did for us on the cross, and what we've done with that truth.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16.  "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
Prayer: Thank you, Father God, that You are from Everlasting to Everlasting, and that You do not change. Help us to never take for granted what Jesus did for us on the cross. May we always glorify and praise You as long as we live. We look forward to the day when we will worship You forevermore.  In Jesus name, I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment