Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tribute to Mothers

Happy Mother’s Day!   I am very thankful for the joy my role as a mother has brought  to me over the years.  I feel extremely blessed to carry the title of “Mom.”   Now, I not only continue in a mother/friend role, I am blessed to pray for my grandchildren to become the men and women that God has planned for them to be.  
 I also thank God for a wonderful  mother who loved her seven children unconditionally.   God graciously put us in her tender love and care.  I shall be forever grateful to have been her daughter.  As I have said many times, I feel as though my mother was perfect.  Even though she passed away in 1990, I can still hear her voice as we spoke on the phone each Sunday afternoon.  I know with assurance that someday we will see each other again in heaven.  What a reunion that will be!
"She is far more precious than jewels. Her value is far above rubies or pearls.  Her children rise up and call her blessed, and her husband praises her.  A woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the LORD shall be praised." Proverbs 31:10; 28; 30 (NIV)
A Mother's Love
by Michael O. Adesanya

There are times only when a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's Love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above...

No comments:

Post a Comment