Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cielo (Heaven)

“Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  Psalm 95:1-2
“Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.”  Psalm 95:5
Until this past Sunday, I had never heard the song entitled, “Cielo (Heaven)” by Phil Wickham.   My heart was touched as our church choir and worship team sang this song so beautifully and worshipfully.  
Based on the Word of God, we know that heaven will be a beautiful place. I lack for words to describe what it will be like.  My earthly mind cannot comprehend it, but  my eternal mind can be excited about heaven. I know it's going to be a wonderful place!  I will see Jesus face to face and fall humbly on my knees to worship the One whose death covered my sins.  My loved ones are waiting for me there.  That in itself is such a wonderful promise.

While we are here on earth and are looking forward to heaven, we know that because of God’s great love for us, we will never be able to sing loud enough when we’re singing for Him. Nor can we ever bow low enough in His presence for we are so unworthy of that great love.  As His child, I know that I will never be able to lift my hands high enough when I am reaching for Him.  But, what peace and joy I feel by knowing that He is always there with such love and grace, and that He reaches down for me in love and tenderness each day.
I pray that you enjoy the song and will praise our heavenly Father, for He has done great things! 
Prayer:  Father, God, I thank you for Your great love and for the unmerited favor of Your grace.  As my friend wrote in her blog recently, we know that this grace that has been so freely given to us is definitely God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.  Thank you for Jesus and for salvation.  Because of Him we have the assurance of eternal life. Thank You for first loving us so that we in turn may love You and others.  I pray this prayer in the precious and matchless name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.  Amen.   

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song Carolyn! I can see why it touched your heart!

    ReplyDelete