Sunday, April 1, 2012

YOU ARE NOT...........

1.     You are not alone – For God is with you.
“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20 

2.     You are not defenseless – For God is your protector.
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6 

3.     You are not inadequate – For God is your sufficiency.
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  2 Corinthians 12:9 

4.     You are not useless – For God has a purpose for your life.
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11 

5.     You are not worthless – For God sent His Son to die for you.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 

6.     You are not without hope – For God has a place prepared for you.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:1-4 

7.     You are not unloved – For God loves you with an everlasting love.
“The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”  Jeremiah 31:3 

8.     You are not rejected, or abandoned – For God calls you His own.
“But now, this is what the LORD says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”  Isaiah 43:1 

The above affirmations and scriptures are some of my favorites.  Many times in my walk of faith, I have needed the promises that are found only in God’s Word.  For me, this is the only way that I have been able to go forward joyfully and with total assurance that I am safe in the Shepherd’s arms.  It is the only way that I could find peace deep inside my heart. I have been strengthened by God’s Word. In times of loneliness, hopelessness, fear, rejection, and feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness, these promises have been the life raft that I needed. By taking hold of God’s Word, and applying it to my heart and life, I am able to continue striving to do His will and develop more Christ-like characteristics within. 

As I look around the world today, I see so many unhappy people.  They are searching for something, but cannot find lasting happiness and satisfaction.  Some are riddled with guilt and shame and feel that if there is a God, He could never forgive, much less love them.  I am here to say that He will forgive and He does love you no matter what you have done.  There is nothing that God does not already know about you.  His greatest desire—the thing that He created you for, is to have a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.  God specializes in making lemonade out of lemons. He did it for me!  My prayer is that each of you will feel God’s love and know with assurance that there is forgiveness, peace and joy waiting for you if you only believe His Word and begin to apply it to your daily life.

Prayer:  Father God, thank you for the promises listed above and for so many others that are found in Your Word.  I ask that You give each person reading these words the calm assurance that you love, forgive, and desire a beautiful relationship with them through Jesus Christ.  Bring peace, where there is none.  Give assurance where there is doubt.  Please give hope to the hopeless.  Help us to always remember that we are not alone.  Help us all to be more faithful to You in each area of our lives.  I pray this in the precious name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.  Amen.











No comments:

Post a Comment